[U-Boot-Users] Decrementer timer do not works

Yu Weiping wyu120 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 00:41:30 CET 2005

I think Decrementer runs because every time I read the DEC register (SPR
22), different value returned.
 In the timer_interrupt, set_dec(decrementer_count) was called to reload the
value of DEC register. I also tried to change decrementer_count value to
100, and then the value of DEC register I read out will always smaller than
100 (I tried many times). if I mask the call of set_dec in timer_interrupt,
then I can read out big values (such as 0xFxxxxxxx, 0xExxxxxxx) for the DEC
register. From this test, I guess the timer_interrupt was called after the
exception generated. But the value of timestamp always be 0. It's hard to
believe since in timer_interrupt, after calling set_dec, timestamp++ should
be excuted.