[U-Boot-Users] U-Boot Manual Missing Examples

Anderson, Rachel E Rachel.Anderson at gd-ais.com
Tue Nov 15 17:05:10 CET 2005

I am attempting to boot a NetBSD kernel from U-Boot.  It's working fine
when the kernel is downloaded from a TFTP server and the root file
system is loading via NFS.

However, now I want to place the kernel in flash and have it relocate
and run from RAM when the board starts up with the NFS file system.
Eventually, I want to stick the file system in a RAM disk and have the
whole thing stored in RAM.

I assume that the process is basically the same as booting Linux so I
have been using Section 7 of the U-Boot manual at
http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/BootingEmbeddedLinux as a reference.
However, several of the examples of U-Boot command line inputs are
missing from the sections on Booting from Flash Memory and Running
Standalone with a RAM Disk.

Will these examples be added soon?  If not, is there another mailing
list that deals with these issues?

Best regards,

Rachel Anderson