[U-Boot-Users] Add a new command to U-Boot

Cliff Brake cliff.brake at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 19:55:41 CET 2005

On 11/15/05, Carlos Filipe Silva <CarlosF.Silva at siemens.com> wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I have one doubt. How can I add a new command to U-Boot?
> Do I have to use only the macro U_BOOT_CMD() like files .../common/cmd_*  or
> do I have to do more things, like defines, etc.?

You do not need the gating defines -- U_BOOT_CMD() will automatically
do everything.  The defines are only required for including/excluding
the command which saves memory if not included.  If the command is
defined in your board directory, it will probably always be active and
not require any gating macros.

> And after this is compliled with no error, if I type help in U-Boot's shell,
> do I see this command like the others?

Yes.

Cliff