[U-Boot-Users] Any default audio card driver in U-boot?

Martin Krause Martin.Krause at tqs.de
Wed Nov 16 08:56:44 CET 2005

Hi Boku,

boku wrote on Wednesday, November 16, 2005 8:26 AM:
> Dear Martin,
>     Thanks for the information to me. I'd like to ask you further
> about your audio driver. Did you design the driver based on ALSA
> architecture? Or you directly write your driver without it? I met some
> problems while using alsa to build my audio driver for a specific arm
> soc chip. Thanks in advance.

No, we didn't base on ALSA. We only needed a quick hack to test
our audio hardware. For linux audio driver the usage of DMA is a must,
to feed the audio codec continuously with data (any interruption in
the audio stream would be hearable).
Since U-Boot is single-tasking, instead of DMA transfers, a polling
mechanism could be used to feed the audio codec continously with data.
This is much easier to implement - and is the way we did it.

Regards, Martin