[U-Boot-Users] Regarding the U-boot and Linux porting on the Xilinx xupv2pro board.

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Nov 16 12:18:51 CET 2005

In message <c91756f0511160257k7d93d2dbr27662e80b20fd4e at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> As an initial start we have downloaded the u-boot-1.1.1 source code that

Don't do that. Use *current* code, i. e. download the code  from  the
top of tree on the GIT server.

Do NOT continue with old stuff like release 1.1.1.

> We also followed all the steps required to introduce the board specific
> options in the source code. But when we compiled the u-boot, it gave us
> error that "redefinition of get_sys_info in xupv2pro.c(i.e. our board
> specific file); first defined in cpu/ppc4xx/". So we commented the function
> "get_sys_info" in the file "xupv2pro.c". The compiled u-boot.elf file was
> then downloaded in the compact flash in the .ace format. A compiled linux
> kernel u-boot compatible image was also stored on the compact flash. But the
> booting of the kernel process would suddenly hang after uncompressing the

So U-Boot is working? Fine.

> Verifying Checksum ... OK
> Uncompressing Kernel Image ... OK
> After this point the system would simply hang not giving any output as well
> as not responding to any keystrokes. What could be the reason?

Read the FAQ!

> ------=_Part_34108_1640407.1132138675026

And *never* post HTML on this mailing list!

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"Data is a lot like humans: It is  born.  Matures.  Gets  married  to
other  data, divorced. Gets old. One thing that it doesn't do is die.
It has to be killed."                                 - Arthur Miller