[U-Boot-Users] built examples but need help running them.

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Nov 16 12:50:10 CET 2005

In message <6a7ac2300511160339u39673189o90e9b909fd5075e5 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I rebuilt the firmware and even the examples directory using the ELDK.
> Everthing went smooth. I have uploaded the firmware and am running it.

Good.

> I am having trouble with the execution of the examples/hello_world app
> though. The readme mentions "CU" is used to upload s-rec files. I am unsure

This is one of the ioptions. Of course you can also use kermit binary
protocol, TFTP or NFS to download the code.

> how to use that. I am not sure if it is a new executable or part of the
> kermit. Anyway, I deviated from using the loads procedure with kermit to
> using loadb with kermit. This is how I did it:
> ## Start Addr = 0x00100000
>
> => go 100000
> ** Illegal Instruction **

That was to be expected. What makes you think that 100000 could be  a
correct download or start address?

> Any help is appreciated,

Please help yourself (and us) and finally start reading the documentation.
See especially http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/UBootStandalone

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Unix is supported by IBM, like a hanging man is supported by rope.
		        - Don Libes & Sandy Ressler: _Life With Unix_