[U-Boot-Users] help

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Nov 22 13:14:38 CET 2005

In message <OFD6E1F6A0.0014B3BF-ON652570C1.0029083A-652570C1.00299464 at tcs.com> you wrote:

> In the README file of U-boot i saw that the CFG_SDRAM_BASE (physical
> address ) should be 0x0.  But why ?

For PowerPC, correct. Why? Because that's the way U-0Boot  and  Linux
was designed.

> For my board the SDRAM starts from 0x3000 0000.(128MB). Then how can i
> change. If i change how it will be effected.

The mapping is just a setting in  your  software.  Just  change  your
memory controller configuration and map the SDRAM to physical address
0x0000.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Put your Nose to the Grindstone!
                 -- Amalgamated Plastic Surgeons and Toolmakers, Ltd.