[U-Boot-Users] can gd cause hang in board_init_r?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Nov 22 14:34:41 CET 2005

In message <50c9a2250511220523m77f4abc6odaaa50c070f38d94 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> sometimes, it only output first line,sometimes the first two lines,
> sometimes the three lines are all outputed, are  these caused by gd
> operation? or other reasons?

Bogus settings of the global data pointer  can  cause  all  kinds  of
nasty  surprises.  But  of  course there are also many other possible
reasons for the effect you observe. Incorrect initialization  of  the
SDRAM is the most likely one.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Ernest asks Frank how long he has been working for the company.
        "Ever since they threatened to fire me."