[U-Boot-Users] PCI_REGION_MEMORY and prefetchable PCI windows?

Kumar Gala galak at gate.crashing.org
Tue Nov 22 19:50:34 CET 2005

I was wondering if the PCI_REGION_MEMORY had any real meaning.  I see a
number of places in which its set, but none that actual use it for
anyting.  The only thing I see it doing is ensuring that system memory has
a unique 'flags' value from PCI memory.  Is this the intent?

Also, I'm starting to look at adding the ability to register a PCI memory
region as prefetchable and handle allocations of devices that have BARs
that are prefetchable.  I plan on modeling this after the code that
handles pci_mem, any comments?

thanks

- kumar