[U-Boot-Users] is there any other toolchains for u-boot of mips arch?

Grant Likely grant.likely at secretlab.ca
Wed Nov 23 06:45:19 CET 2005

Some quick etiquette points if your going to use the mailing list:
1. Put your replies *below* what your replying to, not above.
2. Always CC the mailing list on replies
3. Don't just describe what you saw; attach logs also.

zhuzhenhua wrote:
> i do not get clear about it
> $ export PATH=/path/to/mips-linux-as/bin:$PATH
>
> /path/to/mips-linux-as/bin is what path?
If mips-linux-as is in the path /opt/mips-linux/bin, then:
$ export PATH=/opt/mips-linux/bin:$PATH

Basically, your tools should be in your path so you can run the tools
from the command line like this:
$ mips-linux-as

> do you mean change my toolchain dir name to mips-linux-as?
I think your confused.  What is the full path of your cross compiler?

Here's an example:
My cross toolchain is: powerpc-linux
It lives in: /opt/powerpc-linux
The path to the cross gcc is: /opt/powerpc-linux/bin/powerpc-linux-gcc

Therefore I set in my environment:
$ PATH=/opt/powerpc-linux/bin:$PATH
$ CROSS_COMPILE=powerpc-linux-
$ export PATH CROSS_COMPILE