[U-Boot-Users] SHA1 Hash calculation

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Nov 23 08:56:28 CET 2005

In message <19732218.1132731152180.JavaMail.root at eni-cpps05.sth.basefarm.net> you wrote:

> I am wondering whether it would be worth to implement a SHA1 hash
> calculation over given memory address range. In this way one could
> assure for example that the binary image version is correct or that
> binary image is intact.

Is the existing CRC32 checksum not good enough for your purposes?

> Any comments?

Use the existing CRC command instead.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Anyone who knows history, particularly the history of Europe, will, I
think, recognize that the domination of education or of government by
any one particular religious faith is never a happy  arrangement  for
the people.                                       - Eleanor Roosevelt