[U-Boot-Users] U-boot not starting - sometimes

Martin Egholm Nielsen martin at egholm-nielsen.dk
Fri Nov 25 09:03:31 CET 2005

Hi,

We have encountered on some of our 405EP boards that when powered on
nothing happens - U-boot doesn't start.
Powering off and trying again it "suddenly" works...

When caught in this "not-booting-state", it doesn't even help to
activate the reset-pin. However, in the attached serial console, some
giberish characters do come out (5-10 chars.).

Now, having seen problems with the memory chips on some of my boards, I
was wondering if this could be a similar problem?

Best regards,
  Martin Egholm