[U-Boot-Users] CFI driver status?

Daniel Stenberg daniel at haxx.se
Mon Nov 28 09:50:32 CET 2005

Hi good people!

I'm working with a modified AT91RM9200DK board with an Intel P30 CFI flash
(JS28F128P30TD85 to be exact), and since I experience problems when doing
buffer writes to the flash using u-boot 1.1.3, I've been scanning the mail
archives for insights and help.

It turns out there are *NUMEROUS* patches and improvements floating around for
the CFI driver, that aren't in CVS and many of them are even very old but
appear to be addressing legitimate shortcomings.

Is there any collected effort anywhere on sorting out the issues with the CFI
driver?

In my particular case, I can unprotect and clear sectors fine, but the flash
never responds ready (status bit 7 set to 1) after I write a D0
(FLASH_CMD_WRITE_BUFFER_CONFIRM) in the buffer write sequence... :-O

--
          -=- Daniel Stenberg -=- http://daniel.haxx.se -=-