[U-Boot-Users] tftp loadable applets?

Zhen Wang mailtojarod at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 00:51:55 CET 2005

JD <davisjf at gmail.com> wrote:

I noticed that there is a tftpboot command.  Is there a similar
mechanism in place for uploading applets via tftp?

I had booted uClinux's compressed zImage utilizing 'tftpboot' command
and a following 'go' command as my 'CONFIG_BOOTCOMMAND' successfully.
Though I haven't tried to use 'tftpboot' to load applets, it seems
possible in that zImage is also a binary file(not ELF). The
'CONFIG_BOOTCOMMAND' and some relevant configurations were configured as
below in my include/configs/<board>.h:

#define	CFG_LOAD_ADDR		0x0c480000
#define CONFIG_BOOTFILE		"zImage"
#define CONFIG_BOOTCOMMAND	"tftpboot\; go 0c480000"

Note: 0x0c480000 is in the SDRAM address range.

Regards,

Zhen Wang