[U-Boot-Users] Replacing AT91 u-boot

kentropy kentropy at libero.it
Sun Oct 2 00:01:42 CEST 2005

> Why are you doing this? You should just store the u-boot.bin file  in
> flash. Forget about boot.bin - it is not needed.

Great news

> Wrong. Use the unmodified u-boot.bin file.

Yesssss.

> Wrong again. On ARM systems like the at91rm9200dk the reset vector is at address 0x000, so U-Boot must be stored at this address.
>
> Copy the u-boot.bin image to the addresses starting at 0x0000.

As with every ARM based board, ok
I wondered why Atmel used a so tricky boot methos instead of using only u-boot ;-)

YEAH !
Now is perfect (except for a weird CRC error message:

U-Boot 1.1.3 (Sep 30 2005 - 15:33:58)

U-Boot code: 21F00000 -> 21F172AC  BSS: -> 21F1B968
RAM Configuration:
Bank #0: 20000000 32 MB
Atmel: AT49BV1614A (16Mbit)
Flash:  2 MB
DataFlash:AT45DB642
Nb pages:   8192
Page Size:   1056
Size= 8650752 bytes
Logical address: 0xC0000000
Area 0: C0000000 to C0007FFF (RO)
Area 1: C0008000 to C001FFFF (RO)
Area 2: C0020000 to C0027FFF
Area 3: C0028000 to C083FFFF
*** Warning - bad CRC, using default environment

In:    serial
Out:   serial
Err:   serial
U-Boot>