[U-Boot-Users] Replacing AT91 u-boot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Oct 2 00:57:38 CEST 2005

In message <INPD6P$312004E151C9812F7DD3EEB54320D940 at libero.it> you wrote:
> Now I have u-boot-1.1.3 on AT91RM9200DK, but something is still going wrong :-(

Yes. The problem is: You did not read the manual.

> U-Boot> tftp 21000000 uImage
> U-Boot> tftp 21100000 ramdisk

So it seems you want to boot a Linux kernel with root file system  in
a ramdisk image, but then...

> U-Boot> bootm 21000000

...I did not see where you defined your "bootargs" variable, and  the
correct  boot comand for using a ramdisk has two arguments instead of
one.

> May be into boot.bin there were some setting necessary for the system ?

Nargh. Please forget boot.bin. You will not need it any more.

> AFAIK nobody (either Atmel) uses u-boot stored at the beginning of the flash
> (as many others ARM board producers do), but AT91 uses a pre-bootloader.

I don't know where you got this "knowledge" from, but it is plain wrong.

> Any help will be appreciated

Help yourself. Read the manual.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
I don't see any direct evidence ...  but, then, my crystal ball is in
dire need of an ectoplasmic upgrade. :-)              -- Howard Smith