[U-Boot-Users] Replacing AT91 u-boot

kentropy kentropy at libero.it
Mon Oct 3 15:26:52 CEST 2005

> AFAIK loader.bin is used to download boot.bin to RAM location.

Correct

> boot.bin itself is an u-boot binary image.
> It is straight executed after
> downloading. Now it's possible to install a new u-boot version.

Definitely not.
BTW binary sizes are too different to say that
boot.bin is 10KB
loader.bin is 7KB
u-boot is 92KB

Referring to Atmel manuals boot.bin is a pre-loader ususlly stored at the beginning of flash (0x10000000) which calls u-boot (usually stored at 0x10010000).
You can found sources for loader.bin and boot.bin on Atmel CDROM and until last saturday on this website.
http://www.at91.com/Pages/products/EvaluationBoard/AT91RM3400DK/at91rm3400dk.html#flash
Today these sources have been removed (I don't know why ?)