[U-Boot-Users] BDI and u-boot

KokHow Teh KokHow.Teh at marconi.com
Wed Oct 5 08:13:14 CEST 2005

Hi;
      Try `ti` instead of `go` to see where it resets.

Dmytro Bablinyuk
<dmytro.bablinyuk at rftechnology.com.au>@lists.sourceforge.net on 10/05/2005
10:35:58 AM

Sent by:    u-boot-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net

To:    u-boot-users at lists.sourceforge.net
cc:

Subject:    [U-Boot-Users] BDI and u-boot

Can anyone please give me advice on the following:
U-boot was burnt at 0xfff00000 (.TEXT) and starts successfully whenever
I disconnect BDI2000 and power cycle our MPC8272ADS.
Without BDI it starts without any problems. But when I try to debug
using BDI board keeps restarting:

8272>reset
- TARGET: processing user reset request
- BDI asserts HRESET
8272>info
     Target CPU        : MPC8280/8220/5200 (Zeppo)
     Target state      : debug mode
     Debug entry cause : instruction address breakpoint
     Current PC        : 0xfff00100
     Current CR        : 0x00000000
     Current MSR       : 0x00001002
     Current LR        : 0x00000000
8272>go
*** TARGET: reset detected, restarting target
- BDI asserts HRESET

Reset  entry  point  is  at  offset  0x100 so in fact 'go' does "go
0xfff00100" from my understanding, but why is it keep resetting? No
serial output produced.

The map file
.text           0xfff00000    0x2ec14
  cpu/mpc8260/start.o(.text)
  .text          0xfff00000     0x3560 cpu/mpc8260/start.o
                 0xfff001b0                _start_of_vectors
                 0xfff03178                init_8260_core
                 0xfff032ac                dcache_enable
                 0xfff03314                relocate_code
                 0xfff00000                _hrcw_table
                 0xfff0324c                icache_enable