[U-Boot-Users] Re: Problem building U-Boot for ARM target

Paolo Broggini pbroggini at softool.ch
Tue Oct 11 16:07:52 CEST 2005

Catalin Marinas ha scritto:
> Paolo Broggini <pbroggini at softool.ch> wrote:
>
>>  1) PLATFORM_CPPFLAGS +=$(call cc-option,-mapcs-32,-mabi=apcs-gnu)
>>     -> gcc complains about '-mabi=apcs-gnu' (see my original mail)
>>
>>  2) PLATFORM_CPPFLAGS +=$(call cc-option,-g,-mabi=apcs-gnu)
>>     -> everything compiles fine, the option used is '-g'
>>
>>  3) PLATFORM_CPPFLAGS +=$(call cc-option,-mapcs-32,-g)
>>     -> everything compiles fine, the option used is '-mapcs-32'
>

>I don't see why 1 and 3 checks return
> different options.
Indeed!

Well may be it starts to become out-of-topics here in U-Boot list, but
just one more thing:
I tried the macro cc-option "by hand" (so without $CFLAGS) in a bash shell and I got
the same results as above, i.e. the check for option -mapcs-32 fails but the compiler
support it and indeed the compilation works fine! May be a bug?

Thanks

-P.Broggini