[U-Boot-Users] printf with u-boot-1.1.2

Shakthi Kannan shakthimaan at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 11 18:38:24 CEST 2005

Greetings!

I am using u-boot-1.1.2 with CodeSourcery's 3.4.3
cross-toolchain for ARM on the Versatile PB-ARM926EJ-S
board.

u-boot compiles fine. The hello_world.c in examples/
compiles fine. From the given example, I have removed
all statements except the printf statement. It
compiles fine.

I load it address 04000000 (SDRAM on board, top bank).
I execute it using "go 04000000", it runs and exits
with rc=0x0. But, I don't see the printf string being
printed. Only one character gets printed. I am
wondering if printf uses \r after every character gets
printed, so it basically overwrites.

I am able to display a character, using putc(). getc()
also works fine. These work if I load it a SDRAM
address, say, 0x05000000, and give the entry point as
05000000 itself (go 05000000). But, the documentation
mentions offset 0x4 as entry point.

I'd appreciate any feedback on what I am doing wrong
and how I can get the printf working.

Thanks,

SK

--
Shakthi Kannan, MS
Software Engineer, Specsoft (Hexaware Technologies)