[U-Boot-Users] i.MX support for scb9328 cleaned up

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Oct 11 22:34:24 CEST 2005

In message <87achfykq2.wl%konsti at ku-gbr.de> you wrote:

> Ouch! I will fix this. I even found linebreaks replaced by
> TAB+linebreak.

Does that mean that I should  ignore  the  link  you  posted  earlier
today?

> Do you have seen this by accident or do you search for such things
> with your editor?

I scan most patches, escpecially from new or untrusted posters, and I
regularly scan (and cleanup) the whole code tree.

> > scb9328.h   file   don't   look  clean  to  me.  Your  definition  of
> > CONFIG_COMMANDS is error prone.
>
> Ok, how should I do it right?

Make sure to include or exactly the needed features only. "all but X"
is asking for problems when a new feature Y gets added which  is  not
supported  by  your  board. Rather use "default - M - N + X + Y".

> I don't get it. May be I have blinders on now. But how breaks a new
> config command my setup (and not the others, I saw this construction
> somewhere else).

Yes, there are several of these stupidly configured  boards  which  I
have to cleanup nearly each time a new command gets added. See above.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Applying computer technology is simply finding the  right  wrench  to
pound in the correct screw.