[U-Boot-Users] Booting MPC8272ADS from flash base

Alex Zeffertt ajz at cambridgebroadband.com
Thu Oct 13 13:24:43 CEST 2005

Hi list,

I would like to boot my MPC8272ADS board from the base of flash
memory.  By default the BCSR delivers a fixed HRCW which tells the CPU
to boot from 0xff700000.  But there is a jumper on the board which
allows you to specify that the CPU should retrieve the HRCW from
flash.

In an attempt to get it to boot from 0x0 I tried the following:

1.	Moved jumper JP9 from "BCSR" to "MEMORY" to tell the CPU to
	get its HRCW from flash rather than the BCSR.

2.	Set TEXT_BASE in config.mk to 0x0

3.	define CFG_HRCW_MASTER in MPC8260ADS.h to be the value normally
	delivered by the BCSR or'd with (HRCW_CIP | HRCW_BMS).  This should
	move the reset vector from 0xfff00100 to 0x100 and cause the flash
	to be mapped from 0x0 to 0x01ffffff.

Unfortunately this didn't work.

Has anybody else managed to get the MPC8272ADS to boot WITHOUT using
the BCSR to deliver the HRCW?

Regards,

Alex