[U-Boot-Users] Question on pre-loader to U-Boot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Oct 13 15:25:12 CEST 2005

In message <E57EEBD32F0D7042ABABB29ECBAB911EEB4AB6 at CH01HX312> you wrote:

> I am using at91rm9200dk u-boot from ATMEL.

Then please go and ask ATMEL if you have problems with their code.

> I noticed that ATMEL uses programs called loader.bin and boot.bin to load
> U-Boot into SDRAM. The Load Address is 0x21f00000 (the upper 1M).
>
> My question is how does this value is choosen for U-Boot? I guess it is

We cannot and will not try to answer queestions about a configuration
which we don't know. Standard U-Boot is configured to boot without  a
preloader.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Quote from the Boss after overriding the decision of a task force  he
created  to  find  a  solution:  "I'm  sorry  if  I ever gave you the
impression your input would have any effect on my  decision  for  the
outcome of this project!"