[U-Boot-Users] when kernel image has uncompressed itself ,it stops.

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Oct 25 08:48:14 CEST 2005

In message <20051025014805.49127.qmail at web15101.mail.cnb.yahoo.com> you wrote:

     my uboot  has loaded the kernel image(kernel version is 2.4.19),and kernel image has successfully uncompressing itself,it shows "Uncompressing Linux.................................done, booting the kernel",then stops.when my uboot loads my primary
> kernel image(2.4.18),it goes well. my uboot has passed the same parameters to the 2.4.18 version  kernel and the 2.4.19  version kernel . i don't know why.

Seems there is a difference between your kernels.
See the FAQ (at the new location):
http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/LinuxHangsAfterUncompressingKernel

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Real computer scientists despise the idea of actual  hardware.  Hard-
ware has limitations, software doesn't. It's a real shame that Turing
machines are so poor at I/O.