[U-Boot-Users] BDI2000 and MPC8260

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Sep 1 17:50:14 CEST 2005

In message <20050901111214.457804dc.ajz at cambridgebroadband.com> you wrote:

> The problem I am seeing is that the bdi2000 cannot communicate with the PM828 if the HRW is not
> present in the flash device.  I.e. you need u-boot.bin already loaded into flash in order to load
> u-boot.bin into flash!

This is normal; with an erased flash, the processor will read a  HRCW
which  sets external bus arbitration and CPU core disabled - there is
nothing left for the BDI to communicate with.

> At the moment I can work around this problem by setting some jumpers on the board to remap CS0 to a
> PROM device containing u-boot, writing the HRW into flash, and returning the jumpers so that CS0 is
> mapped to the flash again.  Unfortunately I will not be able to do this on our custom hardware as
> there will only be a flash device and no PROM.

Install a RCFG jumper... The PM82x modules  have  a  RCFG  jumper  to
bring up the CPU in internal default configuration.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a  member  of
Congress. But I repeat myself.                           - Mark Twain