[U-Boot-Users] Does ELDK support autoconf?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Sep 3 00:26:05 CEST 2005

In message <c3d0340b0509021508d265adf at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> This is off topic here. But Wolfgang, will there be a mailing list
> dedicated to ELDK questions?

Probaly later this year, after our new web site goes online.

> I'm trying to cross compile the package "lrzsz", a GNU/autoconf'd
> software. No matter how I configured, it could never detect the
> cross-compiler ppc_4xx-gcc. So I'm wondering if ELDK supports
> autoconf? Well, the more general question is how to cross compile a
> autoconf'd software using ELDK?

Check "target_rpms/lrzsz/SPECS/lrzsz.spec" in module "eldk_build"  on
our CVS server, and see
http://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/DULG/ELDKRebuildingComponents#Section_3.7.2.

BTW: lrzsz-0.12.20 comes included with the ELDK, so rebuilding should
be trivial if you start using the SRPM :-)

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Remember that Beethoven wrote his first symphony in C ...