[U-Boot-Users] "Question on expansion of Flash"

Bharathi Subramanian sbharathi at MidasComm.Com
Mon Sep 5 11:07:14 CEST 2005

On Mon, 5 Sep 2005 nreddy at netenrich.com wrote:

> Now my question is , what are the necessary modifications to the
> existing u-boot files to make it work with 8MB flash insted of 4MB
> flash?

If U-Boot is already know about the new 8MB flash then the new 8MB
Flash will be detected seamlessly. Otherwise, you have modify the
U-Boot's board specific flash detecting part by adding the Manufacture
id, Protect id and size info.

See: ./board/walnut405/flash.c -> flash_get_size()

HTH :)
--
Bharathi S