[U-Boot-Users] Re: booting u-boot from internal flash on M5282EVB

David Peters davidp at matrixpd.com
Wed Sep 7 19:08:30 CEST 2005

> the original EVB implementation doen't support this. But you can use my
> patches
>
> MCF5282 without reloader
>
> and
>
> New Board (EB+MCF-EV123 based on Frescale MCF5282)
>
> to implement this.
>
> The EB+MCF-EV123 Board can boot from internale and externel FLASH.
> For details please read the code.
>
> regards Jens
> David Peters schrieb:
> > I'm struggling trying to get U-Boot to boot from the internal flash of
> the
> > M5282EVB.  Can anyone get me going in the right direction?

I'm still not having any luck.  I downloaded the patch and installed it and
everything looks right.
I'm trying to start the evb as if there wasn't any external ram or flash.
We have a project coming up that needs to run the 5282 in single-chip mode.
I suspect that I'm not defining the base addresses correctly or TEXT_BASE.
Can anyone help any further?

Thank you!