[U-Boot-Users] Re: booting u-boot from internal flash on M5282EVB

David Peters davidp at matrixpd.com
Thu Sep 8 13:54:45 CEST 2005

> Hello
> > I'm trying to start the evb as if there wasn't any external ram or
> flash.
> > We have a project coming up that needs to run the 5282 in single-chip
> mode.
>
> U-boot needs more RAM than 64K. Why? U-Boot copies itself to RAM and
> starts this ram copy.
>
> Regards Jens

That's what I was afraid of.

I was able to get u-boot to start coming up.  The only way I made it happen
was by changing:
Move.l #(CFG_INT_FLASH_BASE + 0x21), %d0
Move.l (#CFG_INT_FLASH_BASE + 0x161), %d0

I downloaded CodeWarrior and looked at the code that was generated and that
is what they used.  I haven't looked into it at all.