[U-Boot-Users] U boot modification...

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Sep 12 11:24:35 CEST 2005

In message <5a19730105091201513e91e751 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> For configuring LCD you need to create lcd.c file in ur board directory and
> define functions like lcd_init...etc.look at any lcd.c file for example
> board/cogent/lcd.c.

This is extremely bad advice. I *STRONGLY* recomend to ignore it.

LCD support is usually *NOT* board dependent, but rather  a  question
of which graphics controller gets used. For SoC type processors which
have  the  graphics  controller  on  chip you fild LCD support in the
corresponding  cpu/???/  directories,  and  for   external   graphics
controlers in drivers/

And will you stop posting HTML, please? You have been warned before.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
America has been discovered before, but it has always been hushed up.
- Oscar Wilde