[U-Boot-Users] Error :Internal relocation (type 232 ) not fixed up (IMMEDIATE)

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Sep 12 16:46:49 CEST 2005

In message <1126531780.5362227cS3092131 at student.rmit.edu.au> you wrote:

> I am trying to compile U-boot for Mainstone board. But while compiling

There is no support for the Mainstone board in the public version  of
the  U-Boot  source code, so you must be using some private, modified
code.

> i receive an error message
> "Internal relocation (type 232 ) not fixed up (IMMEDIATE)".
> with in pxavoltage.S.

Obviously there is a bug in your code.

> I tried to look into this error and from whatever information i could
> get, i can interpret that  this error is because of nature of comparison
> of case-sensittive symbols by GNU assembler.

Actually I think it's more likely that a prepreocessor define has not
been replaces as expectred, probably because of  bad  board  configu-
ration.

But then, the only file by this name is board/adsvix/pxavoltage.S for
some completely different board.

You don't tell us what you are doing, but it sounds a bit strange  to
me.

> Please help me understand and resolve this error.

How could we? We don't know the code you are using.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
It would be illogical to kill without reason
	-- Spock, "Journey to Babel", stardate 3842.4