[U-Boot-Users] PATCH for cmd_mem.c:do_mem_mtest()

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Sep 13 18:18:56 CEST 2005

In message <c166aa9f0509130909544387fd at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> Sorry the patch below isn't from git - I hope it's still acceptable.

No problem.

> I've put a copy in the body and attached it incase gmail
> decides to line wrap the text.

Ummm.. one copy is enough.

> ChangeLog:
> * Patch by Andrew Dyer, 13 September 2005:
> if CFG_ALT_MEMTEST is defined without
> CFG_MEMTEST_SCRATCH, cmd_mem.c
> code will dereference a null pointer.  Change

No, it does not.  It  just  points  to  address  0x0000.  This  is  a
perfectly valid address on many systems.

> the code to use the last word of the memory test
> area as the scratch location in this case.  Print
> the scratch memory location used.

Which problem is this patch supposed to fix in the first  place?  The
existing code compiles and works fine on many, many systems.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
A meeting is an event at which the minutes are kept and the hours are
lost.