[U-Boot-Users] PATCH for cmd_mem.c:do_mem_mtest()

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Sep 13 23:08:54 CEST 2005

In message <c166aa9f0509131326eaa6caf at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> Since this is common code I would suggest requiring all boards that
> want to use CFG_ALT_MEMTEST be required to define CFG_MEMTEST_SCRATCH
> in their config and a  #error if it's not defined.  It seems like

No. I reject this. The overwhelming majority of boards does not  need
this, so why enforce it?

> something likely to trip up the unaware.  Attached is a revised patch
> that does this.

I also reject the patch because you define a variable in  the  middle
of the code. I will not accept such code.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
About the use of language: it is impossible to sharpen a pencil  with
a  blunt  ax.  It is equally vain to try to do it with ten blunt axes
instead.                                           -- Edsger Dijkstra