[U-Boot-Users] ATI Radeon M6-C16h for PPC 440GX

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Sep 19 15:04:16 CEST 2005

In message <000401c5bcfa$42609940$8700a8c0 at SN7855> you wrote:

> i´m using on my custom board with PPC 440GX a ATI M6 Mobility Radeon with
> kernel 2.6.12.
> Now i have to initialize the ati and configure the kernel to support it.
> I don´t have the BIOS of ATI for PPC and i like to simulate this BIOS with
> U-boot. How can i configure the U-boot for ATI to initialize or how can i
> write the programm for ATI- EEPROM BIOS?

This is somewhat off topic here. We  don't  deal  with  internals  of
graphics adapter code.

> must i install a XF86-Simulator on my board?

You can try enabling the x86 emulator that comesincluded with  U-Boot
and  use  this  to run the x86 BIOS code on the card like it was done
for the AmigaOne board.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Tactical? TACTICAL!?!? Hey, buddy, we went from kilotons to  megatons
several  minutes  ago.  We don't need no stinkin' tactical nukes. (By
the way, do you have change for 10 million people?)           - lwall