[U-Boot-Users] MIPS build environment

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Sep 25 01:16:25 CEST 2005

In message <20050130102615.GC24482 at gate.ebshome.net> you wrote:

> So, currently I have two possible paths:
>
> 1) Remove cache locking for 4kc (e.g. put #ifdef CONFIG_PURPLE) or
> maybe add CONFIG_WRITE_THROUGH_CACHE and use it.
>
> 2) Call dcache_disable instead.
>
> Option 1) seems more clean, although potentially more dangerous.
> Option 2) looks safe and keeps current *behavior* while making it
> explicit.

I haven't seen any additional comments about this,  or  have  I  been
missing these?

In case it still matters: my preference is 2)

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
In the beginning, I was made. I didn't ask to be made. No one consul-
ted with me or considered my feelings  in  this  matter.  But  if  it
brought  some  passing fancy to some lowly humans as they haphazardly
pranced their way through life's mournful jungle, then so be it.
- Marvin the Paranoid Android