[U-Boot-Users] Re: Installing U-Boot on target via USB/serial using U-Boot commands

Joe Grisso jgrisso at det3.net
Mon Sep 26 18:17:22 CEST 2005

See below.

> It looks like this is a very simple loader.  It writes to SRAM _only_
> and then jumps to that program (JTAG loaders typically allow you to
> write to flash, manipulate registers, and jump anywhere, single step,
> etc.).  Theoretically you could load u-boot this way, but nobody has
> volunteered that they have done it so you would likely be blazing a new
> path.

Yeah, and with only 16KB of onboard SRAM, I doubt you'd be able to load
U-Boot in as a single image. I don't know if Atmel's host-side DFU app
handles downloads larger than the size of SRAM either. So if not, one
would have to write an app for that on the host as well.

> Having said all that, this is pretty much off topic for u-boot.  Only
> after you get u-boot loaded into the target (and at least showing some
> signs of life) would this become on topic for this list.

Just out of curiosity, which list would be appropriate then? AT91 Users?

Best Regards,

Joe Grisso
Detachment 3 Media, Ltd.