[U-Boot-Users] Re: Installing U-Boot on target via USB/serial using U-Boot commands

Mathieu Deschamps mathieu.deschamps at com2gether.net
Tue Sep 27 10:25:53 CEST 2005

Hello,

You are using a AT91RM9200 board ? so why not using a Uboot
process directly ?

Provided actually your u-boot is running and via a COM-port DB9
cross wiried cable linking target's DBGU to host's COM you can
upload your new uboot with tftp service since Uboot has a tftpboot
command (ftp client).

All you need to do then is to transfer from mem to your flash, and the trick
is done.

If actually u-boot isn't working because you squeeze with an unworkeable
version or because your flash never seen a single bit of a Uboot code, you
need the romboot functionnality burned in the cpu internals. Then you
would need the loader functionnality.

Because romboot is hosted into cpu SRAM (16kB) you can't load uboot direclty
from roomboot (60 to 100 and more KB). But you need it, as it was already
mentionned, to set your board S(D)RAM, your flash, and the PLLs. Then on you
could use theses essentials componants.

Globally this is :
Romboot loads via Xmodem a Loader that loads via Xmodem your Uboot workeable?
version.

Hope it helps.

---
Mathieu Deschamps