[U-Boot-Users] command for handling DDR ECC registers on MPC8349EE MDS board

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Apr 1 22:49:50 CEST 2006

In message <200604011320.05650.ed at hwdebug.com> you wrote:
> Since this DDR memory controller is a feature of the SoC platform which is
> common to a few cpu's and many boards, what is the preferred way to add this
> new command to the other boards which could take advantage of it?

As usual: try to adapt it to a board so you can see which parts of it
are common, and which are board-specific. Then split the code, moving
clearly common stuff to the cpu/mpc83xx/ directory.

> The list of boards include at least:
> mpc8540ads, mpc8560ads, cds/mpc8541cds, cds/mpc8555cds, and cds/mpc8548cds.

Be careful, though. MPC834x is not MPC85xx. I suggest you  first  try
it out on a 85xx board.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Emotions are alien to me.  I'm a scientist.
	-- Spock, "This Side of Paradise", stardate 3417.3