[U-Boot-Users] Compiled system and target board mismatched while make U-boot image..

Charles C.K.Lai cklai at itri.org.tw
Thu Apr 6 10:58:06 CEST 2006

Dear Thomas,

    I make my U-boot image from PC to DBAu1550,
    I used GCC 3.4.4, with mipsel-linux-sdelinux-6.03.01-1 toolchain,
    while I make my U-boot image with U-boot-1.1.4,
    I got the following messages:

    mipsel-linux-ld: hello_world.o: compiled for a little endian system and
target is big endian
    mipsel-linux-ld: hello_world.o: endianness incompatible with that of the
selected emulation
    mipsel-linux-ld: failed to merge target specific data of file
hello_world.o

    I searched for related articles on U-Boot Website and Mailing lists,
    but I can't find out any helpful messages to fix the problem.
    Did I miss some patches? Do you have the reference material for this
problem?
    Thanks a lot.

    Charles C.K. Lai