[U-Boot-Users] Enabling both SMC ports

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Apr 12 09:21:32 CEST 2006

In message <1144822637.1434.7.camel at kamesh.signet> you wrote:
> Hi All, Our product ( MPC860 arch with Mvista Kernel) has one serial
> port connected to the console & is interfaced thru' SMC1.The second
> serial port needs to be connected to the printer thru' SMC2. The u-boot
> does not allow enabling SMC1 & SMC2 both togather.

You porbably don't want to control your printer by U-Boot anyway,  or
do you?

And Linux has no such limitations.

    How do I go about achieving this ?

If you really want to use both SMC ports in U-Boot you have to extend
the existing driver. But I don't see why you would want to do this.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
If you can't beat it or corrupt it, you pretend it was your  idea  in
the first place.                 - Terry Pratchett, _Guards! Guards!_