[U-Boot-Users] questions regarding entry point

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Apr 13 17:06:41 CEST 2006

In message <7DE680819FF6BF49974119663963FDB902D80BFD at USVAEX1.tellabs-west.tellabsinc.net> you wrote:

> I can't find any reference to uImage in...
> 2.6.15 Makefile
> http://www.denx.de/cgi-bin/cvsweb/linux-mips/Makefile.
> http://www.denx.de/cgi-bin/cvsweb/linux-2.4/Makefile

The image rules are simply not in the top level Makefile.

> I'm clearly missing something.  Where can I see an example of uImage
> implemented as a target of a linux Makefile?

DENX Trees:
2.4 PPC:   arch/ppc/Makefile
           arch/ppc/boot/Makefile
2.4 ARM:   arch/arm/Makefile
           arch/arm/boot/Makefile
2.4 MIPS:  arch/mips/Makefile
           arch/mips/infineon/incaip/basic/Makefile

All:
2.6.16:    arch/arm/Makefile
           arch/arm/boot/Makefile
           arch/ppc/Makefile
           arch/ppc/boot/images/Makefile
           arch/powerpc/Makefile
           arch/powerpc/boot/Makefile

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Whom the gods would destroy, they first teach BASIC.