[U-Boot-Users] How do you test a bit set/clear from U-Boot command line/script?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Apr 27 00:20:44 CEST 2006

In message <444FDD08.2010101 at orkun.us> you wrote:

> I am not asking anything about hardware. Forget I said GPIO. Let's say a
> value in general memory space. It could be in ram or flash....
>
> I know I can compare a simple value using itest command. e.g.
>
> itest *4000 -eq 1234 && echo 'Addr 4000 contains 1234'
>
> Now my problem is how can I test a bit of 32 bit quantity (say bit 4)
> stored at location 4000? This is a question about general hush/u-boot
> shell capability? It is a generic question...

At the moment there is  no  command  that  implements  this.  As  you
probaly  are aware, the "itest" command just implements the following
operations:

op_tbl_t op_table [] = {
        { "-lt", LT },
        { "<"  , LT },
        { "-gt", GT },
        { ">"  , GT },
        { "-eq", EQ },
        { "==" , EQ },
        { "-ne", NE },
        { "!=" , NE },
        { "-ge", GE },
        { "-le", LE },
};

Feel free to add new commands for AND, OR, and XOR...

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"An organization dries up if you don't challenge it with growth."
       - Mark Shepherd, former President and CEO of Texas Instruments