[U-Boot-Users] Accessing mkimage checksum

Tolunay Orkun listmember at orkun.us
Thu Apr 27 01:41:16 CEST 2006

Wolfgang Denk wrote:
>> Wolfgang, now my question is "image.h" file needed by the update
>> application and this file is GPL. Would you consider dual licensing this
>> file only so it could be included in such a proprietary closed-source
>> program?
>>

> No.  But please read the file header again, more carefully.

Older copy of image.h that was used for our custom application did not
have the remark below:

 * NOTE: This header file defines an interface to U-Boot. Including
 * this (unmodified) header file in another file is considered normal
 * use of U-Boot, and does *not* fall under the heading of "derived
 * work".