[U-Boot-Users] Accessing mkimage checksum

NZG ngustavson at emacinc.com
Thu Apr 27 17:48:04 CEST 2006

> Maybe before asking for free help here you should feed  your  patches
> back into the public tree.
My work was based on Zachary P. Landau's, which was rejected from the main
tree because of the way it modified the core flash code.  I fed all my work
back to him and try to help with any 5282 stuff I can on the list.
I'm not asking for anything that I don't give out myself on the
Coldfire/U-Boot lists.

> > It requires a small amount of knowlege of raw access to MTD, the format
> > used
> This is standard Linux stuff and not uClinux specific.
Technically true, but I don't know of any lists that would be more likely to
know the answer.

> You don't need to know the mkimage format, as  the  mkimage  tool  is
> perfectly capable of reading and checking such images.
Sounds good, it just isn't obvious to me since mkimage -l was verifying the
checksum, since it doesn't display an checksum information.
Now that you've said it, I see it in the README.

thx,
NZG