[U-Boot-Users] Re: FT u-boot shim

Kumar Gala galak at kernel.crashing.org
Thu Apr 27 21:54:54 CEST 2006

On Apr 27, 2006, at 2:45 PM, Wolfgang Denk wrote:

> In message <2CD98C5D-
> E51C-49CA-9BDC-6FE4C1B67854 at kernel.crashing.org> you wrote:
>>
>> We can do this w/o too much modification to what is happening in u-
>> boot today.  I'd probably like to keep the ability to build a dev
>> tree into the u-boot binary, but make the preferred means to pass a
>
> I don't like this, as it's a very Linux-centric view, but  U-Boot  is
> supposed to be OS unaware and independent.

Hmm, I guess.  There really isn't anything about the device tree that
is Linux specific.  Other OSes could choice to use it.  But lets
argue about that one once I've got the mechanism in which we pass the
blob in via the bootm command.

The only difference I see would be that the address of the blob would
be implicit if the blob was built into u-boot.  We would still use a
passed in blob via the bootm command if given.

- kumar