[U-Boot-Users] Re: FT u-boot shim

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Apr 28 00:12:20 CEST 2006

[linuxppc-dev removed, this is off topic there.]

In message <44513DC1.8040608 at orkun.us> you wrote:

> How would you like to handle the case when dts is packed into
> multi-image file? Is bootm going to assume that the 3rd Image is dts?

With Ramdisk: kernel is 1st, ramdisk is 2nd, and dts is an optional
	3rd file.
Without ramdisk: kernel is 1st, and dts is an optional 2nd file.

The image type will be used to find out what is what.

> Since dts is tightly coupled to kernel I would prefer something like:
>
> bootm <kernel_addr>[:<dts_addr>] <ramdisk_addr>

That would be an option, too, but I think my proposal  is  easier  to
remember, especially when thinking of the multi-file image case.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Hi there! This is just a note from me, to you, to tell you, the  per-
son  reading this note, that I can't think up any more famous quotes,
jokes, nor bizarre stories, so you may as well go home.