[U-Boot-Users] Re: FT u-boot shim

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Apr 28 00:55:29 CEST 2006

In message <200604280128.28841.pantelis at embeddedalley.com> you wrote:

> > > bootm <kernel_addr>[:<dts_addr>] <ramdisk_addr>
> > That would be an option, too, but I think my proposal  is  easier  to
> > remember, especially when thinking of the multi-file image case.
>
> It won't work.
>
> The blob must contain the ethernet mac addresses for example...

Ummm... I'm not sure what you are referring to.

The current topic of the discussion  (which  format  to  use  for  an
extended   "bootm"   command)  has  obviously  no  relation  to  your
statement.

And that the static blob that comes with the  kernel  image  must  be
"fixed  up"  (which  means that board specific parameters like memory
size, clock frequencies and MAC addresses must be  added/inserted/ap-
pended/whatever) has been discussed before.

So what exactly do you mean?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Virtue is a relative term.
	-- Spock, "Friday's Child", stardate 3499.1