[U-Boot-Users] flash interconnection

Tiago tiago.deb at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 22:05:30 CEST 2006

Hi All

I'm observing electric diagram of Freescale board PQ27e-ADS (MPC8272) about
the interconnection between cpu MPC 8272 and flash memory. The data bus is
linked inverted, i.e., flash DQ0 is connected to processor DQ7, flash DQ7 is
connected to processor DQ0. For the other bytes it is the same (flash DQ8 is
connected to processor DQ15 and so on).

My question: Is it possible to connect the flash memory to the processor in
a different way (such as flash DQ0 to processor DQ15, flash DQ1 to proc.
DQ14, ..., flash DQ15 to proc. DQ0)? Is there a pin or register to configure
the processor to behave this way?

I've been searching for this in data sheet of MPC8272, but I didn't find any
information about this.

Regards,

Tiago