[U-Boot-Users] booting elf image?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Aug 1 16:46:27 CEST 2006

In message <8bf247760608010737n605fd143ob0d96dcb37205e31 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

>   I have a C program:
> im compiling the c program with static linking.
>
> [sriram at sriram sriram]# file a.out
> a.out: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, ARM, version 1 (ARM), for GNU/Linux 2.4.3,
> statically linked, not stripped

So this is a Linux user space application program.

> I download the elf executable using tftpboot onto my target . when i do
> bootelf   u-boot
> hangs?

Yes, this is to be expected.

Would you expect that your program runs under MS$ Windoze?  And  what
makes you think it would run under U-Boot?

> Am i missing something?

Yes, you do: a basic understanding of the concepts of a  boot  loader
and an operating system, of the system services provided by an OS, of
the  libraries  that are based on these services, and of the run-time
environments for C programs.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Computers are not intelligent.  They only think they are.