[U-Boot-Users] 440SP DDR2 Issue

Peter Hanson peterh at google.com
Wed Aug 2 01:58:14 CEST 2006

On 7/28/06, Jeff Stevens <jsteve17 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have a custom board I am trying to bring up that is
> a pretty close architecture to the Luan2 board.  I
> have an unregistered 2GB DDR2 module in the DIMM slot,
> and it works fine using the BDI2000.  However, using
> the same DDR2 configuration in U-Boot doesn't work.
> It boots up until the point it transfers over to
> memory.  I have enabled the memory test and it fails
> at the first address.  I have verified all of the
> memory configuration registers, and all seem to be set
> correctly.  I know there is something in the
> configuration I am missing, but I can't seem to figure
> it out.  Please help.  I would greatly appreciate it.
>
> Thanks,
>   Jeff Stevens

Sounds like your BDI-2000 configuration may be "helping" you out by
initializing things for you.  At least, that is what sometimes happens
to me.

To get to the bottom of it, comment out every target configuration
setting in your BDI-2000 config file and see if you can replicate the
problem with the BDI connected.  If you can't, then look elsewhere.
But if you can, then your init code relies on help from the BDI.  And,
fortunately, you can now use your BDI to debug it.